We’ll look today at a pair of LED grow lights from the reputable Chinese manufacturer Mars Hydro 300w. The Eco lights we’ll explore are the 300-watt and 600-watt models.
They are the same in most respects except the physical dimensions and the coverage so we’ll give you the raw technical data for each but when reviewing the lights we’ll generalize unless the models differ.
…First, a pictorial look at the pros and cons of these nifty LEDs…
Mars Hydro 300w Review
Pros of Mars Hydro Eco series
- On/Off switch for ease of use
- The Mars Hydro Eco 300w light gives you comprehensive full spectrum output with IR 730nm, ideal for flowering.
- Newest SMD chip tech. No burnt LEDs ever. SMD chips have 3×longer lifespan than traditional ones.
- Efficient cooling system. Minimal heat produced.
- Very little noise
- Daisy chain function. Simply daisy chain multiple lights together for ease of use.
- The Mars Hydro Eco series contains high red ratio for abundant flowering.
- Suitable for all types of growing from seedling to harvest
Cons of Mars Hydro Eco series
- Not dimmable
- Not as powerful as it could be for flowering stage
We’ll look now at 7 strong reasons to consider buying these affordable LEDs…
The core purpose of any grow light is to maximize the yield of your crop and those coverage figures are all-important with any LEDs.
As with any smaller grow lights, you’ll get relatively limited coverage.
The 300-watt model is good for 1.7 x 1.7 feet for flowering and 2 x 2 feet for veg.
With the 600-watt lights, you’ll get 2.5 feet … Read on Gather baltimore